A 6 – Day SHORT TERM TRAINING PROGRAMME (STTP) on “Statistics with R Programming” was successfully completed in Narasaraopeta Engineering College (24th – 29th June 2019. Department of Computer Science & Engineering organised the event with sponsorship from the Indian regulatory body – All India Council for Technical Education( AICTE)
Vice Chairman, M. Chakravarthi expressed his gratitude to the chairman AICTE for fully funding the workshop.
He said, ” It’s an honour to conduct such an event with such eminent professors sharing their knowledge and experience” He added, “we hope to organise this kind of workshop every year”.
Dr. V. V. Hara Gopal, Prof. of Statistics, Dept. of Mathematics BITS Pilani, Hyderabad was the chief guest for the occasion. He highlighted “how Statistics with R programming” is solving real-time problems in various industry”. He also told about the numerous job roles which require “R programming ”
Other Notable Speakers: Mr.T.Venkateswara Rao, Former Adviser of APSSDC, Dr. S.Sagar Imambi, Professor, KL University, Dr. N. B. Venkateswarlu, M.Tech (IIT Kanpur)., Ph.D (BITS, Pilani), Professor, G.V.P College of Engineering for Women
Why R programming?
R programming is in growing demand in every industry which has adapted software environment. R programming leads the race in statistical computing and graphics. Almost every project in data mining and analytics uses R programming.
Aim of the program: –
- Fundamentals of ‘R Programming’
- Graphical methods for exploratory data analysis
- To analyze data using exploratory data analysis
- To implement data analytics applications for knowledge discovery using R – To Write R script to manipulate data
- To Perform basic file input and output
- To Write efficient programs to access data sets with gigabytes of data and millions of records
- To discuss the challenges in data analysis
Over 200 people participated in the event, from industry trainees, full-time research scholars, Postgraduate students and academicians from various Engineering colleges of CSE, ECE, IT & Mathematics departments.