Located just 24 km away from Andhra Pradesh’s capital-Amaravati, the city of Guntur has been of great economic importance to the state. It makes a major industrial corridor- Vishakhapatnam-Guntur Industrial Region, in the country. The city has many industries like chilli, cotton and tobacco etc.
However, in the last decade, Guntur has become the educational hub for students of Andhra Pradesh.
One private college that has taken the lead in imparting technical education is Narasaraopeta Engineering College (NEC). NEC is one of the very few institutes in the state with an autonomous status. It has a permanent affiliation to JNTU-Kakinada. Further, it has NBA accreditation twice and the NAAC accreditations with ‘A’ Grade.
Let’s take a campus tour of the college
Narasaraopeta Engineering College spreads across 40 acres of lush green campus. It is 100km away from Gannavaram airport. It is just 2 hours away from AP capital Amravathi. The campus is surrounded by small rocky
The campus consists of a central library with over 10000 books, research papers and publications. Hi-tech classrooms with digital boards, wifi is available in every corner of the campus. Computer labs have the latest hardware upgrades along with licenced software.
Individual workshops are available for core branches like mechanical, civil, and electrical. Hostel facility is available for students- girls and boys and also for faculties. A grand guest house is anytime available for visiting parents. Canteens and small shops are also available.
NEC has a dedicated Medical centre and when comes to sports NEC has it all from playgrounds for football, cricket and athletics to indoor stadiums for badminton, chess etc.
Enough about the campus, infrastructure is of no use to the students if quality education and technical partners are not provided by the college.
Narasaraopeta Engineering College has one of the finest set of teachers. Many of the teaching staff is also pursuing their PHDs on the sidelines.
Coming to the technical and industry partnership, let’s take a look at what NEC has achieved in
the recent times:
- The college was recognized as AP CM’s Skills Center of Excellence by the Andhra Pradesh State Skill Development Corporation (APSSDC) – a public-private organisation that promotes skill development and entrepreneurship in the state.
- NEC was selected as Artificial Intelligence Centre of Excellence and Deep Learning in association with BENNETT University, New Delhi. Thus, becoming one among three colleges in Andhra Pradesh with such recognition and the first college in the Guntur District.
- NEC got recognized as an MSME Business Incubator/Host Institution for helping out the local people for setting up business in the region.
- NEC successfully signed an MOU for a Venture Development Centre (VDC) in association with i2E North Eastern University and APSSDC. As part of the programme, NEC students will be able to study at New Mexico State University, a public flagship research university in Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States. Students will be able to participate in discussions and conferences and use their state of art research facilities as well.
- One major achievement for Narasaraopeta Engineering College has been selected for setting up Indo European Skilling centres for Mechatronics and Industrial Robotics – in collaboration with APSSDC & ARC(Applied Robot Control), Germany.
If that’s not satisfying then, NEC is a Microsoft
Listed as one of the top 10 engineering colleges in AP, NEC has bagged TCS accreditation and is an Infosys – Campus Connect College.
Students’ Personal G
The college management focuses on individual student development. For the purpose, the training and placement cell conducts debates, mock tests, higher education classes and so on.
Every other day, a workshop is conducted on the college campus in association with different colleges, technical institutes, and professionals.
These workshops are vast covering all engineering streams- Big data, Artificial Intelligence, Machine learning, Aeromodelling, Industrial Training etc.
NEC offers four years Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical & Electronics, Electronics & Communications, Mechanical, and Civil. Further, the college also offers opportunities for master’s programmes in computer application and management.
With such accomplishments, NEC has become one of the top autonomous engineering colleges in Guntur, Andhra Pradesh.