Vision of the Department:
To produce competent Professionals in mechanical engineering to become part of the Industry and Research Organizations at the National and International levels and to become entrepreneurs with professional ethics and Indian Values.
Mission of the Department
- To employ faculty and staff with performance of Excellence and Dedication and to establish laboratories to meet curriculum and research requirements.
- Train the students to use mechanical engineering software, understand the technical specifications of different machines, and provide novel engineering solutions and efficient product designs.
- Adopt professionalism, ethical attitude, communication skills, team work, lifelong learning in their profession.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) students are able to
- Excel in professional career and/ or higher education by acquiring knowledge in mathematics and basic engineering principles.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of the subjects in the field of Mechanical Engineering.
- To train the students with leadership qualities, team work skills, commitment and ethics thereby making them confident for research and development activities
- Train the students in advanced technologies to cope up with changes in technologyto get good placementsand/or become entrepreneurs.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
PO1.Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
PO2. Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
PO3. Design/Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
PO4. Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
PO5. Modern Tool Usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
PO6. The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
PO7. Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
PO8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
PO9. Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
PO10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
PO11. Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
PO12. Life Long Learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes
- The students will be able to understand the modern tools of machining which gives them good expertiseon advanced manufacturing methods.
- The students will be able to design different heat transfer devices with emphasis on combustion and power production.
- The students are able to design different mechanisms and machine componentssuitable to automation industry.